KENYA HORIZON 2020
VIDEO PRODUCTION IN NAIROBI, KENYA
CUSTOMER: SCHOLZ & FRIENDS
ABOUT: Scholz & Friends is one of Europe’s largest advertising agencies. The company was founded in Hamburg by Jürgen Scholz, Uwe Lang, and Michael Menzel in 1981.
THE CHALLENGE: Shoot & Edit an event video of the Horizon 2020 conference in Nairobi, Kenya.
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020). Add to that the private investment that this money will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries, and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market.
Stark Crew provided a talented locally-based team: One director/producer, one camera operator, and one sound technician. We also brought in cameras, sound gear, and lights.
The Stark Crew video team filmed speakers and captured one-on-one interviews with experts. We also gave general coverage to people attending the event and filmed audience reactions. Outside, the Stark Crew video production team did “beauty shots” of the city of Nairobi and the events center. After the event, we sent the footage on the hard drive via express shipping to Stark Crew’s video editors at our home base in Madrid, Spain. As a safety precaution, our local team in Nairobi kept a backup of the footage until our editors had successfully received and checked it. Within a few short days, the footage was edited into an engaging event video and delivered to the customer.
Stark crew was able to offer the customer a simple one-stop-shop solution. This is because we were able to provide both a professional locally-based video crew as well as edit the video. Furthermore, our local video team took care of everything on the ground – our head office Global Video Success Managers, and ultimately our video editors offered the extra support to take this video successfully across the finish line. The result was a streamlined process that made the entire experience fast, easy, and convenient, for our customer.
- Scholz & Friends, one of Europe’s largest advertising agencies based in Berlin, needed a partner to shoot and edit an event video in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The event in question was Horizon 2020, the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever. Therefore, the video team had to be very professional and talented.
- Stark Crew provided a highly-trained, locally-based video crew in Nairobi. Our Video Success Managers in Madrid supported them to make sure the shoot went off without a hitch.
- After the event, we sent the video footage over the Internet to our editors at our home base in Madrid, Spain. And they wasted no time in editing it.
- Finally, the video was delivered to Stark Crew’s customer who was very happy with the result.